View Our Three Office Locations

By A. Pawlowski, NBC News – 7/17/2018

The mother of a teen girl who died of a severe reaction to her peanut allergy after accidentally eating a cookie containing peanut butter is warning others to be vigilant about food packaging and labels.

The family blames a folded-back cookie box wrapper for hiding the presence of the ingredient, leading to a “horrible mistake.”

“Our hearts are broken and we are still in shock. Our whole lives [were] dedicated to keeping our child safe from one ingredient, peanuts,” Kellie Travers-Stafford, who lives in Weston, Florida, wrote on Facebook last week.

Click here for full story and video.